|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes, Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery have been found by fieldwalking on this site. The cropmarks of an enclosure or farmstead have been identified within the vicinity of these finds (NHER 50747).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0551 1742|
|Parish:||ELSING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Context 1. Scatter over above cropmark and rest of field.
Fieldwalking, poor conditions.
2 sherds glazed Grimston.
1 sherd medieval coarse.
1 sherd Roman greyware.
1 sherd late medieval/early post medieval.
21 flint flakes, 2 flint core fragments (identified by J. Gardiner (NAU)).
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1986.
December 2007. Norfolk NMP.
The enclosure previously recorded under this number is now under NHER 50747.
S. Massey (NMP), 19 December 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...