|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Mill Hill, site of a medieval to post medieval windmill|
A mill mound is recorded here by the Ordnance Survey. There is a loading ramp to the east. A windmill is marked here on a map produced by Ogilvy in 1675.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 6257 9802|
|Parish:||HILGAY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Mill mound 25m north to south, 15m east to west, 2.3m high. No ditch, loading ramp to east.
Information from (S1).
Mill marked by (S2).
E. Rose (NAU), 9 February 1982.
HLG U5 as recorded by Fenland Survey.
M. Dennis (NLA), 8 March 2006.
- WINDMILL MOUND (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Silvester, R. J. 1991. The Fenland Project, Number 4: The Wissey Embayment and the Fen Causeway, Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 52. |
|<S1>||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TL 69 NW 25 . |
|<S2>||Map: Ogilby, J.. 1675. Britannia Atlas Plate 43. plate 43. Pl 43. |
Related records - none
Find out more...