|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Church of St Cuthbert, Wroxham Road, Sprowston|
St Cuthbert's church was built in 1886 by A.R.G. Fleming, and has a wide aisleless interior and an arch-braced roof. Of particular interest is the octagonal Perpendicular style font, which was originally from Kempstone Church.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2413 1118|
|Parish:||SPROWSTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Building itself is of red brick Gothic Revival around 1900, but contains the octagonal Perpendicular style font from Kempstone Church.
Newspaper cutting in file (S1).
- CHURCH (19th Century to 21st Century - 1886 AD to 2100 AD)
- FONT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 672. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1988. Vicar takes his turn with digger. 5 May. |
Related records - none
Find out more...