|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||King's Head or The Crown public house|
A 17th century brick inn, with 19th century alterations.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8275 2820|
|Parish:||EAST RUDHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Small blocked windows with hoodmoulds in flint north gable wall and north wall of rear wing suggest a 16th or 17th century origin for the building.
E. Rose (NAU) 20 February 1978.
Described as The Crown in (S1).
17th century with 19th century details.
17th century wing attached at northeast, 2 storey with blocked openings and steep roof.
17th century openings also in main north gable, in other words, same locations as noted in 1978.
E. Rose (NAU) 28 October 1985.
NGR corrected from original TF 8278 2820.
M. Horlock (NLA), 15 April 2003.
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 324. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
Related records - none
Find out more...