|Type of record:||Building|
The main block of this pub is a 18th to 19th century building, but the north wing has a stepped gable and may date to the 17th century. The rear extension was built in 1854. There is a 19th century outbuilding in flint and brick with stepped gables.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1352 1095|
|Parish:||EASTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1977. Visit. The Dog.
Main block is a normal 18th to 19th century building, but rear (north) wing has a stepped gable. Central chimney and other parts of this have been repaired in 19th century brick, but main structure is of bricks narrower than these, though their date is uncertain; could be 17th century. Rear extension has date 1854. 19th century outbuilding in flint and brick with stepped gables.
E. Rose (NAU), 15 September 1977.
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...