|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Possible medieval arrowheads|
Three pointed iron objects with long shafts have been found. These may be medieval arrowheads or ballista or crossbow bolts.
Images - none
Small pointed iron object with shaft found in rubble filling a hole in roadway.
Identified by NCM as an iron arrowhead 1200 to 1600 AD, and by A. Rogerson (NAU) as a medieval ballista or crossbow bolt.
A similar found, in an adjacent pothole, burnt.
Late July 1977.
A third found, this one rounded and without flanges, 'like an asparagus shoot'. A ferrule?
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BALLISTA BOLT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CROSSBOW BOLT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FERRULE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...