|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Crown House, Meadow Lane, Great Carbrooke|
Crown House dates from the late 16th or early 17th century when it was built as a one-room two-storey house. The west section and extensions were added around 1800. The building became an inn in 1815 and was a pub until 1975. It has been extensively modernised.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9486 0230|
|Parish:||CARBROOKE, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Former inn from 1815-1973.
Apparently one room two storey house with gable stack, of about 1600, extended in 1815, now much modernised.
E. Rose (NAU), 7 November 1985.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- INN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: E. Rose. 1985. Building Report.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...