|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Nicolas' Chapel|
This is the site of St Nicolas's Chapel, built in the early 15th century, and dissolved in about 1549.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1161 8002|
|Parish:||DISS, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
'Site of Chapel' marked on (S1) at the centre of St Nicholas Street.
This was St Nicholas's chapel, built in the reign of Henry V (1413 to 22), dissolved about 1549.
Ordnance Survey say in fact the site is under the adjacent house of about 1736.
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TM 18 SW 25. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-7. Ordnance Survey 25 inch 2nd edition (revised 1902-7). |
Related records - none
Find out more...