|Type of record:||Monument|
This is the site of a medieval stone cross. In 1980 all that could be seen was a mass of mortared flint.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9400 3765|
|Parish:||WALSINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
'Stone' marked on map is apparently the remains of a village cross.
Information from (S1).
Recorded as a cross base by (S2) in 1930s.
1 May 1980. Visit.
A mass of mortared flint. No real evidence for saying it is a cross base.
E. Rose (NAU).
- CROSS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Archive: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. |
|<S2>||Article in serial: Cozens-Hardy B. 1934. Norfolk Crosses. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XXV Pt II pp 297-336. p 328, pl 16. |
Related records - none
Find out more...