Record Details

NHER Number:11628
Type of record:Building
Name:Bridgefoot Cottage

Summary

17th century brick and flint building most of which has been reclad.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 1562 0876
Map Sheet:TG10NE
Parish:BAWBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

13 October 1976. Visit.
Set back from road opposite north end bridge.
East gable stepped in 17th century brick, above flint gable wall with blocked window. Large brick off-centre stack.
Rest of building in brick and flint mainly renewed.
E. Rose (NAU).

April 1983. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description:
Original single house converted into 2. 17th century with 19th and 20th century accretions. Brick and flint with pantiled roof. Lobby Entrance house with off-centre axial stack. 2 storeys. Scattered fenestration with C20 casements, some in original openings. One stepped gable and one rebuilt. Steep-pitched roof.
Information from (S1).
(S1) agrees a lobby entrance 17th century house.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1373021.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service