|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1968 and 1987 recovered a variety of objects. Finds comprised a prehistoric flint flake, Late Neolithic or Bronze Age flint scrapers and sherds of Late Bronze Age, Iron Age, Roman and medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1336 9390|
|Parish:||FORNCETT, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1968. Surface finds from area 45m (50yds) square.
Late Neolithic/Beaker flint scrapers.
Identified by E. B. Green (NCM) and T. Clough (NCM), 1968.
Other finds not reported until 1981.
Late Bronze Age/Iron Age sherds
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU), September 1981.
Medieval sherd and Roman greyware sherd.
W. Milligan (NCM), 5 November 1981.
1987. Found in fieldwalking. Finder's site PGD37.
Worked flint flake with secondary working along one edge.
Identified by J. Wymer (NAU), 21 July 1987.
W. Milligan (NCM), 21 July 1987.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Neolithic to Beaker - 3000 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Late Neolithic to Beaker - 3000 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Forncett. |
Related records - none
Find out more...