|Type of record:||Monument|
A windmill was marked here on Faden’s map of 1797 and a postmill on a map of 1834. Later, the windmill here operated in conjunction with a watermill, which was described in sale catalogues of 1878 and 1929.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1968 9660|
|Parish:||TASBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Watermill. For descriptions 1878 and 1929 (closure) see sale catalogue, Colman and Rye C658.844 RAI.
Windmill marked here on (S1) and (S2) a postmill.
E. Rose (NLA) 23 March 1982.
Press cutting (S3) in file.
Photograph of watermill in secondary file for NHER 9966, now converted to house.
E. Rose (NLA) 11 March 2003.
- POST MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WATERMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: Funnell, B.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Greenwood, C. & J.. 1834. Map of the County of Norfolk from an Actual Survey. |
|<S3>||Newspaper Article: 1988. Eastern Daily Press. 21 May. |
Related records - none
Find out more...