|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Roman or medieval quern, fragments of Roman pottery, a Roman copper alloy toilet instrument and a Roman copper alloy ring key was found here during metal detecting and on ploughed surface.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22 03|
|Parish:||CAISTOR ST EDMUND, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
In ploughed field east of River Tas.
Roman pottery, querns.
Copper alloy object, medieval pottery.
1989. Metal detecting.
See file for details.
A. Gregory (NAU).
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- QUERN (Undated)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- QUERN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- RING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TOILET ARTICLE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- QUERN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Miscellaneous. Caistor by Norwich. |
|29994||Part of: Roman settlement around walled town (Monument)|