|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill|
This is the site of a post medieval windmill marked on Bryant's map of 1826 and last used in 1908.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1989 0193|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Despite not being shown on (S1), still remaining. Tall and broad tower of tower mill, cap missing, derelict in car-breaker's yard.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 9 November 1978.
Marked on (S2) and called 'new erected' in 1827. Last used 1908.
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. First edition six inch map. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...