|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Andrew's Church, Wicklewood|
This is the site of the medieval church dedicated to St Andrew. It was demolished in 1367 and its former location is now marked by a large bush and an area of the churchyard covered with weeds instead of grass.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0697 0235|
|Parish:||WICKLEWOOD, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of medieval church dedicated to St Andrew. Demolished in 1367. Site marked by a large bush and an area of the churchyard covered with weeds, instead of grass.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 6 December 1978.
Appropriate section from reference (S1) in file.
- CHURCH (Medieval to 14th Century - 1066 AD to 1367 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: 1984. TG0602A, B. |
|---||Monograph: Bryant, T. H. 1905. Hundred of Forehoe. The Churches of Norfolk. Vol XVII. pp 200-209. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Wicklewood. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 51. Microfiche 5:G12. No 249; p 55. |
Related records - none
Find out more...