|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval pottery finds, south porch of St Andrew's Hall|
A watching brief in 1988 during works by the east wall of the south porch of the hall noted redeposited chalk and medieval pottery fragments.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23126 08785|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
1988. Watching brief. A hole was dug 1.40m by 0.87m by the east wall of the south porch.
The work was undertaken to carry out building works.
Approximately 0.60m from road surface was compacted chalk, almost certainly redeposited; this was seen to the bottom of the hole, approximately 1.25m from ground surface.
The hole produced some medieval pottery.
For further details see file.
- FRIARY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|Mon 6||Part of: Blackfriars Friary (Monument)|
|Mon 71||Part of: Green Yard (Blackfriars) (Monument)|
|428||Part of: Second Precinct of Dominican Friary, Blackfriars, St Andrew's Hall (Monument)|
|Site 240||Part of: ST ANDREW'S HALL (Monument)|
|Site 336||Part of: ST ANDREW'S HALL (Monument)|
Find out more...