|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||South porch of St Andrew's Hall|
The interior of the south porch of the hall was surveyed prior to re-plastering work in 1988. Features noted included a blocked window and arch.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23122 08785|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
South porch of St Andrews Hall surveyed inside by NAU.
Room above porch was to be replastered.
While the stone fabric was exposed, detailed drawings of elevations were undertaken.
See further details in file.
(S1) states in several places that in the 19th century restoration, the south porch was moved from the westernmost bay to the next bay to the east, but no source or evidence is given for this.
B. Ayers (NAU) states that the above-mentioned works showed conclusively that the original porch did stand on the present site.
E. Rose (NLA), 10 November 1999.
- FRIARY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Pevsner, N. & Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. |
|Site 2635||Part of: 1 St Georges Street (Monument)|
|Mon 6||Part of: Blackfriars Friary (Monument)|
|Site 2140||Part of: Blackfriars Hall (Monument)|
|Site 285||Part of: BLACKFRIARS' HALL (Monument)|
|Mon 71||Part of: Green Yard (Blackfriars) (Monument)|
|428||Part of: Second Precinct of Dominican Friary, Blackfriars, St Andrew's Hall (Monument)|
|Site 240||Part of: ST ANDREW'S HALL (Monument)|
Find out more...