|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Metton Hall (Hall Farm)|
The farmhouse here is apparently of early 17th century date, but was altered around 1800. The barns here are of a later date.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2009 3756|
|Parish:||SUSTEAD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Farmhouse on site anciently called Ufford's Hall.
House apparently early 17th century, altered around 1800. Listed Grade II. Barns of latter date.
E. Rose (NLA) 3 February 1995. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 27 February 2014.
Rectangular moat and adjacent cropmarks now recorded under NHER 38618.
P. Watkins (HES), 27 February.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TG 23 NW 2. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 616. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|38618||Related to: Cropmarks of possible medieval to post medieval manorial site (Monument)|
Find out more...