Record Details

NHER Number:6523
Type of record:Building
Name:The Lodge

Summary

A 16th century house that was extended during the 18th century. It is built of flint with brick dressings, T-shaped in plan and has a roof of black glazed pantiles. The rear wing has 16th century roof timbers and 17th century panelling. There is a 17th century recess in the front range.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 0592 3888
Map Sheet:TG03NE
Parish:LETHERINGSETT WITH GLANDFORD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

16th century house extended in 18th century, containing 17th century fittings.
See notes in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 6 April 1990.

April 2006.
Flint with brick dressings, black glazed pantiles. T plan. Front range facing north two storeys and attic. Central wing to rear, 2 storeys, Mid 18th century west façade of rear wing.
Interior: Rear wing roof 16th century and 17th century panelling to first floor room. 17th century recess in 20th century surround in front range.
For further information see (S1).
D. Robertson (NLA), 6 April 2006.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1500 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Monograph: Pevsner, N. & Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. pp 586-587.
---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service