Record Details

NHER Number:59005
Type of record:Building
Name:Station Armoury, Former RAF Coltishall (Building 5)

Summary

The station armoury at RAF Coltishall was constructed in 1956.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2599 2291
Map Sheet:TG22SE
Parish:SCOTTOW, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

The station armoury at RAF Coltishall was constructed in 1956.
A. Cattermole (HES), 20 March 2013.

(S1) notes that this structure was completed in May 1956. It is a single storey, with two east-west open areas which function as light wells and divide the building up into three large open-plan workshop bays. An extension was added in 1993.
See (S1) for further information.
A. Cattermole (HES), 16 September 2013.

Monument Types

  • ARMOURY (Cold War to Modern - 1956 AD to 2006 AD?)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

<S1>Unpublished document: Francis, P.. 2013. RAF Coltishall: A Historical Appraisal. Part 9, Technical Buildings. pp 3-6.

Related records

7697Part of: RAF Coltishall (Monument)
Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service