Record Details

NHER Number:57144
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Trunch Public Elementary School

Summary

The school was built in 1853 according the White's Directory (1883). Since closure the school was partially demolished leaving the north-eastern wall extant.

Images - none

Documents/files/web pages

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2870 3490
Map Sheet:TG23SE
Parish:TRUNCH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

November 2011. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey.
The school was built in 1853 according the White's Directory (1883). What remains of the building is constructed in a plain style from flint with red brick quoins and window dressings. Since closure the school was partially demolished leaving the north-eastern wall extant.
See (S1).
S. Howard (HES), 10 April 2012.

Monument Types

  • ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1853 AD? to 1947 AD?)
  • SCHOOL (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1853 AD? to 1947 AD?)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Unpublished document: Ash, A. & Ede, J.. 2011. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey Form. Former Trunch Elementary School, Trunch, Norfolk.. November.

Related records - none

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service