Record Details

NHER Number:57080
Type of record:Building
Name:Former Terrington Marsh National School

Summary

The National School was built in 1893 as a single room with later enlargement. The school closed in 1985 and has since been restored.

Images - none

Documents/files/web pages

Location

Grid Reference:TF 5624 2259
Map Sheet:TF52SE
Parish:TERRINGTON ST CLEMENT, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

April 2010. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey.
The National School was built in 1893 as a single room with later enlargement. The building is constructed in an arts and craft style from brick with a slate roof. The school closed in 1985 and has since been restored.
See (S1).
S. Howard (HES), 2 April 2012.

Monument Types

  • NATIONAL SCHOOL (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1893 AD to 1985 AD)
  • SCHOOL (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1893 AD to 1985 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Unpublished document: Forrest, A.R.. 2010. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey Form. Former Terrington March National School, Terrington St Clement, Norfolk.. April.

Related records - none

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service