Record Details

NHER Number:54240
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of Holme Cottages

Summary

Site of Holme Cottages, a row of almhouses that were built in 1907 and demolished between 2008 and 2012 when this area was redeveloped. See NHER 61176 for details of trial trenches excavated within the former footprint of these buildings.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2373 0909
Map Sheet:TG20NW
Parish:NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK

Full description

Site of Holme Cottages - almshouses that were built in 1907.

September 2009.
Proposals to demolish the almshouses to enable the development of the site into mixed use were revealed in 2008.
See newspaper article (S1) for further details.
S. Howard (NLA), 28 July 2010. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 12 October 2015.

Monument Types

  • ALMSHOUSE (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1907 AD to 2008 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

<S1>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2008. Plan to demolish old almshouses backed by council. 12 September.

Related records

624Part of: Precinct of the Great Hospital (Monument)
Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service