|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Dairy Farm barn|
The barn is located within the curtilage of Dairy Farm House (NHER 33853), a Grade II listed building dating from 1623 and is visible on early 19th century maps. The construction is primarily coursed carstone shale back filled with lime mortar.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6280 1634|
|Parish:||WEST WINCH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
July 2010. Historic Building Recording.
The barn is located to the south-west of Dairy Farm House (NHER 33853), a Grade II listed building dating from 1623. The barn is visible on the 1838 tithe map (S1). The barn is divided into five bays, four of which are similar in size with a larger middle bay. A large historic central opening is apparent in the original external wall an indicated by stone quoins. The construction is primarily coursed carstone shale back filled with lime mortar. The corners are faced in brick laid in lime mortar in a Flemish bond.
See report (S2) for further details.
K. Hamilton (NLA), 7 June 2010, modified by S. Howard (HES), 18 February 2011.
- BARN (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 733. |
|<S1>||Map: Utting, J.. 1838. West Winch tithe map.. |
|<S2>||Unpublished Report: Parsons and Whittley Ltd. 2010. Historic Building Recording Pro Forma Report. Agricultural building at Dairy Farm House, Main Road, West Winch, Norfolk. Historic Building Recording. |
|33853||Part of: Old Dairy Farmhouse (Building)|