|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||18 Elm Hill, Norwich|
Former timber- framed shop dating from 1837 to 1849, now in use as a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23193 08855|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
February 1954. Listed, Grade II.
Shop, now house. 18th century facade. Timber frame, rendered. Pantile roof. 2 storeys with added 3rd storey. First-floor jetty. 2 windows at first and second floors. Early Victorian shop front has central recessed double doors and wide windows with glazing bars,flanked by pilasters. Sash windows with glazing bars throughout, those on the second floor having segmental heads. Wooden string course above first floor. Box cornice.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 296. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1051267. |
|Site 3717||Parent of: 14-18 Elm Hill (Monument)|
|Site 2514||Related to: 18 Elm Hill (Monument)|
|Site 3276||Related to: 18 Elm Hill (Monument)|
|Mon 955||Related to: 18 Elm Hill (Monument)|
|3717||Related to: Roman pottery sherds and undated mound (Monument)|