|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||74 The Close|
A stately 19th century brick former house, now a solicitor's office, three storeys high with a semi-basement. The façade has four bays, the left-hand off-centre single storey entry bay having a panelled door and a pedimented door-case with pilasters and an entablature. The central two storey canted bay spans two bays with a stone cornice and pediment on the parapet.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2339 0878|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Former house, now office. 19th century. Brick with slate roof. Three storeys, plus semi-basement. Four bays. Left-hand off-centre single storey entry bay having panelled door, pedimented door-case with pilasters and entablature. Central two-storey canted bay spanning two bays with stone cornice and pediment on parapet. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. Stone stringcourse between ground and first floors. Hipped roof.
- (Former Type) HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
- OFFICE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1850 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...