Record Details

NHER Number:48201
Type of record:Building
Name:58 The Close

Summary

A three storey red brick house of about 1840 with a slate roof. The front door is on the left.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2359 0896
Map Sheet:TG20NW
Parish:NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK

Full description

House. Built in about 1840. Red brick with slate roof. Three storeys. Two bays. Left-hand door with simply moulded surround, plain architrave and hood. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. Moulded fascia cornice.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1840 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records

377Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)
Mon 1459Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2017 Norfolk Historic Environment Service