Record Details

NHER Number:47956
Type of record:Building
Name:72 The Close

Summary

A late 19th century two storey brick office building with a slate roof. It has a three window bay fa├žade, the central bay projecting, and a crenellated parapet.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2338 0881
Map Sheet:TG20NW
Parish:NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK

Full description

Office. Late 19th century. Red brick with yellow brick window dressings. Slate roof. Two storeys. Three bays with central bay projecting. 'Tudor' details on door and windows. Left-hand entrance door and passage door on extreme left. Large four-light window with flat dripmould at ground floor. Two two-light windows above with four-centre arches. Sash window with side lights to left. Brick stringcourse between ground and first floors. Crenellated parapet. The right-hand bay has three-light windows on both floors and a crow-step gable. Ornate stacks.

Monument Types

  • OFFICE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1850 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records

377Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)
Mon 1459Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2017 Norfolk Historic Environment Service