|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Friends' Meeting House, Church Street|
A brick and flint Quaker Meeting House of 1783 with a pantile roof and later alterations that include a 1913 extension.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9197 4309|
|Parish:||WELLS NEXT THE SEA, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
June 1972. Listed, Grade II.
1783, altered and with 1913 extension. Red brick, with part flint. Pantile roof. Casements with glazing bars, and segmental heads. Toothed eaves. Chamfered plinth.
Information from (S1).
P. Aldridge (NLA), 2 October 2006.
The Friends' Meeting House was built 1783 replacing an earlier building. It was greatly altered and extended towards the south in 1913. The interior has no original fittings and a shuttered partition divides the building on the line of the former south end wall. In 1993 the interior was refitted and subdivided.
See (S2) for further details.
M. Langham-Lopez (HES), 3 December 2012.
- FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1783 AD to 2100 AD)
- NONCONFORMIST MEETING HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1783 AD to 2100 AD)
- FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1913 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1230509. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Stell, C.. 2002. Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Eastern England. p 275. |
Related records - none
Find out more...