Record Details

NHER Number:47657
Type of record:Building
Name:Former Ranters Chapel adjoining number 24 Chapel Yard

Summary

A red brick former chapel with a date stone of 1836. It has been converted to a garage, the original entrance being blocked and given double doors.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 9137 4374
Map Sheet:TF94SW
Parish:WELLS NEXT THE SEA, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Tablet on left marked WN 1836. Now with alterations, red brick. Pantile roof. Three casement windows with rough flat arches. Former entrance filled in, and now with double doors for garage.
Nos. 2 to 26 (even) Former Ranters' Chapel and Burnham House form a group.

Monument Types

  • GARAGE (Unknown to Modern)
  • (Former Type) NONCONFORMIST CHAPEL (Post Medieval to Modern - 1836 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources - none

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service