Record Details

NHER Number:47344
Type of record:Building
Name:Whey Curd Farmhouse


This farmhouse dates to the early 19th century and later. It has roughcast walls with gault brick dressings and a roof of pantiles. The rear of the building dates to 1829 whilst the front dates to about 1880. The ground floor windows are set under rubbed brick arches. The roof has a simplified brick modillion cornice, with coped, parapetted end gables, and offcentre and gable end chimneystacks.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9430 3922
Map Sheet:TF93NW

Full description

Farmhouse. Early 19th century and later. Datestone 1829. Walls roughcast, gault brick dressings. Roof of smut pantiles. 'T' plan, 1829 rear, about 1880 front. Rear wing of two storeys, three bays. Brick plinth, pilasters with dentil capitals. Two ground floor, three first floor casement windows, ground floor under segmental rubbed brick arches. Part glazed door, panelled reveals. Simplified brick modillion cornice, coped, parapetted end gables, offcentre and end gable chimneystacks, crested ridge tiles. Dating to around 1880 range to west (facade), three bays, two storeys, with ground floor verandah over bay windows, wood, tiled roof. Two storeys, one bay wing to the north.

Monument Types

  • FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1829 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service