|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Buckland or The Old Buck|
A 17th century whitewashed clunch house with a red pantile roof. It was formerly The Buck Inn.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 70784 36549|
|Parish:||SEDGEFORD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Also called The Old Buck.
House, formerly the Buck Inn. 17th century. Whitewashed clunch, with brick dressings, red pantiled roof. 2 storey house with attics, 3 windows, lobby entrance plan. Ground floor one large 6 pane off-centre arched headed sash with glazing bars, and one ground and 3 first floor 3 pane with straight headed sashes with glazing bars. Axial 6 panel door, 2 upper panels glazed, under hipped pentice canopy. Ground floor at north whitewashed brick and pantiled irregular 5-sided bow addition with one sash with glazing bars, 4 panel door under hipped pentice canopy on brackets. To south an interrupted 17th century moulded brick drip mould head of former window. Brick corbelling courses eaves, steeply pitched roof with one axial ridge and one north end gable stack. South gable rebuilt around 1900, north gable with single storey white- washed brick lean-to addition.
Information from (S1).
M. Dennis (NLA), 22 March 2007.
July and August 2002. Sedgeford Historical and Archaeological Research Project. Village Survey. Standing Building Survey. SVS 25.
Elevations of The Old Buck drawn.
Information from (S2).
M. Dennis (NLA), 14 March 2007.
Permission sought to convert an outbuilding into a separate dwelling.
See (S3) and (S4) for further details
H. White, (NLA), 17 August 2009
23 May 2011. Planning Application.
Conversion of Old Smithy Barn into Domestic dwelling and extension. Demolition of part of outbuilding and one barn wall.
See (S5) and (S6).
Z. Dack (HES), 22 November 2011.
- (Former Type) INN (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Archive: Sedgeford Historical and Archaeological Research Project Archive. |
|<S3>||Unpublished document: Hall, M.. 2009. Design and Access statement, The Old Buck, Sedgeford. |
|<S4>||Unpublished document: Listed Building Consent. |
|<S5>||Unpublished document: 2012. Planning application.. |
|<S6>||Photograph: [unknown]. 2013. The Old Smithy Barn Conversion. Colour. |
Related records - none
Find out more...