|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Coach and Horses Inn, Lynn Road|
The Coach and Horses Inn is a public house built in the late 17th century of colourwashed brick and pantile roof. This two storey T-plan house is arranged in three bays and has a central two storey gabled porch.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 5525 1578|
|Parish:||TILNEY ST LAWRENCE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
English Heritage Listing:
Coach and Horses Inn, Lynn Road.
Public House. Late 17th century. Colourwashed brick with pantile roof. T-plan. Two storeys in three bays. Central two storey gabled porch. Segmental entrance flanked by brick pilaster strips rising- to flat brick hood. String course above door continues into main block to divide storeys. One renewed horned sash window left and right to each floor and in first floor of porch. All with gauged skewback arches. Gabled roof. South internal gable end stack and partly external north stack. Gable heads and rear cross wing with tumbling. Interior altered. One spine beam and rebuilt fireplace survive.
Information from (S1).
- PUBLIC HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1660 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Archive: Fenland Folders. |
Related records - none
Find out more...