Record Details

NHER Number:47004
Type of record:Building
Name:Duncan's Farmhouse, Lynn Road

Summary

Duncan's Farmhouse is a mid 18th century farmhouse of brick with a slate roof. This two storey building has a central panelled door and is arranged in three bays. Above the door is a Regency French window with glazing bars leading to a balcony formed by the door hood. This balcony below has an ogeed hood supported on wrought iron uprights.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 5541 1611
Map Sheet:TF51NE
Parish:TILNEY ST LAWRENCE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

English Heritage Listing:
Duncan's Farmhouse, Lynn Road.
Farmhouse. Mid 18th century. Brick with slate roof. Two and a half storeys in three bays. Central panelled door below Five-vaned fanlight. Flat hood carried on fluted Doric columns with pilasters to wall. Above door is Regency French window with glazing bars leading to balcony formed by door hood. This balcony below ogeed hood supported on wrought iron square section uprights. Sash windows to each floor, all with glazing bars beneath gauged skewback arches. Some are renewed. Flat brick string course between storeys. Double modillion eaves cornice. Hipped roof with one stack right and left. Two storey 19th century extension to south and gabled cross wing to rear.
Information from (S1).

Monument Types

  • FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1730 AD? to 2050 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1730 AD? to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

<S1>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service