|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Greyfriars, Church Lane|
A former rectory house built in carstone with brick dressings around 1840 in Tudor-Gothic style.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 70642 36488|
|Parish:||SEDGEFORD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1984. Listed, Grade II.
Former Rectory House. Around 1840. Carstone, stuccoed brick dressings, slated roofs. "L" plan with a second pile filling in the angle, 2 storey with attics. Tudor-Gothic style. Entrance front has a cement stucco rendered gabled porch with hood moulds to the door, quatrefoil with coat of arms above, kneelers, parapet and finial. To north one blocked ground floor window and one first floor 3-light casement. To south a single gabled bay with one ground floor 3-light and one first floor 2-light casement, one attic ventilation slit. Stuccoed rustication to openings, stucco hood-moulds, brick coped parapet gable. Brick stack. Garden front to south with 2 end gables. Gable to east has a 3-sided ground floor stone dressed bay window, one first floor 2-light casement. West gable has one ground floor 3-light, one first floor 2-light and 2 gable 2-light casements. Coped parapet gables with finials. In centre one ground floor 3-light and first floor 2-light casements. Stucco dressings to centre and east gable, brick to west gable. 2 brick stacks.
Information from (S1).
M. Dennis (NLA), 22 March 2007.
- (Former Type) VICARAGE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1840 AD to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1840 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1172075. |
Related records - none
Find out more...