Record Details

NHER Number:46891
Type of record:Building
Name:Park House including stable yard to east, High Street

Summary

A three storey stone house of about 1770 with a rendered brick façade and a slate roof. A brick wall to the east encloses a stable yard.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TL 7047 9992
Map Sheet:TL79NW
Parish:STOKE FERRY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

House of about 1770. Coursed clunch and carstone with rendered brick façade and slate roof. Three storeys in four bays, the storeys defined by flat brick string courses. Quoining at corners. Four sashes each floor, those to attic storey half size and all with glazing bars.Timber eaves cornice on paired consoles below gabled roof. Internal gable end stacks. Entrance in west return. Panelled door behind panelled reveals. Plain entablature and flat hood. Brick wall to east encloses stable yard. Blocked arched carriage entrance with keystone between piers with stepped pyramid caps. Panelled pedestrian door in similar narrow bay to left and further 20th century door to right.

February 2008.
Proposal to restore the existing attic dormers on the North wing and to restore the North wing roof with retiling in matching pantiles.
See (S1) for further information
H White (NLA) 19 November 2008

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1770 AD to 2050 AD)
  • WALL (Post Medieval to Modern - 1770 AD to 2050 AD)
  • YARD (Post Medieval to Modern - 1770 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.
---Unpublished document: Listed Building Consent.
<S1>Unpublished document: Hesketh Harvey, K. 2008. Design and Access Statement in Respect of the Restoration of the North Wing, Park House, Stoke Ferry.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service