|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Kings Arms Public House, No 21 and 23 Market Place|
The Kings Arms is a public house and shop built in the mid 17th century of flint and brick. The ground floor of this two storey building is rendered and colourwashed, and it has a pantiled roof. The public house front consists of two doorways in 19th century doorcases and three 19th century windows.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8184 0905|
|Parish:||SWAFFHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
English Heritage Listing:
Kings Arms Public House, No 21 and 23 Market Place.
Public house and shop. Mid 17th century. Flint and brick, pantiled roof. Ground floor rendered and colourwashed. Exterior: two storeys and dormer attic. Four-window range. Left-hand three window bays correspond to public house front consisting of two doorways in 19th century doorcases, that to right with hood. Alternating with doors are three 19th century three-light cross-casements under segmental arches. Right of elevation has 20th century plate-glass shop display window. First floor lit through four four-light mullioned windows, that to right expanded into a four-light cross-casement. Gabled roof with four flat-topped dormers fitted with two-light casements. Internal gable-end stacks and central ridge stack, all rebuilt in 20th century. Interior: first floor not inspected but ground floor has no features of special interest.
Information from (S1).
28 October 2010. Planning Application.
Application to convert former public house into three residential units and alterations for two shops.
Z. Dack (HES), 24 February 2011.
- PUBLIC HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1630 AD? to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: 2012. Planning application.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...