|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Warehouse, St Nicholas Street|
An early 19th century two storey warehouse constructed of whole flints, with gault brick dressings, some coursed clunch, and a concrete tile roof. It has ten bays and the second bay from the left retains a two-storey timber loading door.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 8682 8329|
|Parish:||THETFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Warehouse, St. Nicholas Street. Listed 1971, grade II.
Warehouse. Early 19th century. Whole flints with gault brick dressings and some coursed clunch. Concrete tile roof. Two storeys on basement in ten bays. Second bay (from left) with a two-storey timber loading door opposing similar door to rear. Basement storey with nine blind windows with segmental heads. First floor with nine fixed windows with glazing bars, also with segmental heads. Ten similar second-floor windows. Dentil eaves cornice and hipped roof. Rear similar. Interior not inspected.
Information from (S1).
- WAREHOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2012. Bus station gets the go-ahead. 28 July. |
|MNO11759||Related to: Warehouse St Nicholas Street THETFORD (Revoked)|
Find out more...