Record Details

NHER Number:46261
Type of record:Building
Name:Kings Head, The Street


An early 18th century two storey rendered timber framed public house with a thatched roof and later additions, including two single storey 19th century pantiled extensions.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TM 0356 8333
Map Sheet:TM08SW

Full description

Public House. Early 18th century. Timber framed with rendered wattle and daub infill and thatched roof. Lobby entrance plan. Two storeys and attic. Door left of centre with four 19th century casements to ground floor and three to first, all under hood mouldings with label stops. Gabled roof with ridge stack and external north gable stack. 19th century gabled and pantiled extension to south and hipped thatched extension to north, both single storeyed. Interior bridging beams with sunk quadrant mouldings and demi-hexagonal stops.
P. Aldridge (NLA), 9 October 2006.

Monument Types

  • PUBLIC HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1700 AD to 2050 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1700 AD to 2050 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service