|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Houses and shop 10m southwest of The Old House|
Two red brick terraced houses and a shop built in 1739. The shop has a double 20th century shop front.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 26917 19728|
|Parish:||COLTISHALL, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
2 terraced houses and shop. Dated 1739 of red brick and pebbledashed brick with pantiled roof. 1½ storeys. House to left, 2 windows with central door, extended further to left with later hipped roof pebbledashed section of one window. Shop, with 20th century double shop front with central ½ glazed door. House to right one door and one window. Sash windows with glazing bars and segmental brick arches. Brick kneelers to parapet gables. Brick platband at attic floor level on east gable. 5 gabled dormers with 19th century 2-light casement windows. Gable stack and off centre axial stack. 18th century pebbledashed wing contains 3- light window at first floor on west end, with wrought iron casement and old glass. Otherwise, pebbledashed extension not of special interest. Date plaque of east gable with monogram R.W. and dated 1739.
S. Spooner (NLA) 31 August 2006
- DATE STONE (Post Medieval - 1739 AD to 1739 AD)
- SHOP (Post Medieval to Modern - 1739 AD to 2050 AD)
- TERRACED HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1739 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...