|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Friends' Meeting House, Lodge Road|
Friends' Meeting House is an early 19th century meeting house, said to have been built in 1812. It is constructed of red brick with a hipped black glazed pantile roof, and has two wide doorways with pilasters and double doors. Reported to have been converted into house in 1977.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1767 8757|
|Parish:||TIVETSHALL ST MARGARET, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
English Heritage Listing:
Friends' Meeting House, Lodge Road. Tivetshall St Margaret.
Early 19th century meeting house. Red brick. Hipped black glazed pantile roof. One storey. Three windows. Large segmental headed sashes with glazing bars. Two wide doorways with pilasters and entablature and panelled double doors. The west end is two storeys, two windows, smaller sashes with glazing bars, first floor with segmental heads, central pilastered doorway with entablature and panelled door.
Information from (S1).
See (S2) for more details. The chapel is reported to have been converted into a house in 1977.
M. Langham-Lopez (HES), 29 November 2012.
- FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1812 AD? to 1977 AD)
- NONCONFORMIST CHAPEL (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1812 AD? to 1977 AD)
- NONCONFORMIST MEETING HOUSE (Post Medieval to Cold War - 1812 AD? to 1977 AD)
- HOUSE (Cold War to Modern - 1977 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Monograph: Stell, C.. 2002. Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Eastern England. pp.273-4. |
Related records - none
Find out more...