Record Details

NHER Number:45709
Type of record:Building
Name:Old Rectory, Wymondham Road

Summary

This former rectory dates to 1851. It is built of brick with slate and pantile roofs. The building stands two storeys high with shallow projecting full-height gabled bays with decorative barge boards. The complex roofs have sawtooth cornices and numerous tall chimneystacks. The adjoining carriage house is of contemporary date.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 1138 0598
Map Sheet:TG10NW
Parish:WRAMPLINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Former rectory, 1851. Brick with slate and pantile roofs. Irregular plan. Two storeys with shallow projecting full-height gabled bays with decorative barge boards. Three-bay south facade and two-bay west facade of sash windows with glazing bars. Ground floor windows rise from ground level. Gabled porch with highly decorative barge board to north. Saw-tooth cornices, complex roofs and abundant tall, diagonally set, chimney shafts. Contemporary adjoining carriage house. Interior complete.
Information from (S1).

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1851 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service