|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two roadside bomb store|
A World War Two roadside bomb store is visible on 1946 and later aerial photographs. It was part of a dispersed USAAF bomb storage facility that had its headquarters at Earsham Hall (NHER 41375).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 29563 90283|
|Parish:||EARSHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
June 2006. Norfolk NMP
A World War Two roadside bomb store is visible on 1946 and later aerial photographs (S1-S2). This bomb store was located at TM 2953 9021 on Denton Road and Hogg Lane at Earsham. It was part of a dispersed USAAF bomb storage facility that had its headquarters at Earsham Hall (NHER 41375) (S3). The bomb stores were located in various woodlands and, as at this site, on concrete hardstandings alongside the roads around the hall. A further storage area lay to the south in and around Park’s Wood (NHER 41373).
J. Albone (NMP), 19 June 2006
- BOMB STORE (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Vertical Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1946. RAF 106G/UK/930 4044 09-JUL-1946 (NHER TM 2989B). |
|<S2>||Vertical Aerial Photograph: Ordnance Survey. 1967. OS/67056 112 24-APR-1967 (NMR). |
|<S3>||Article in Serial: 1973. Airfields of Norfolk and Suffolk. Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum. vol 1, pp 17-18. |
|41375||Part of: Headquarters camp of a USAAF World War Two bomb storage facility (Monument)|