|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal-detecting in 2005 and again between 2011 and 2012 recovered medieval to post-medieval coins; a post-medieval token and Roman and Late Saxon to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Roman bow brooch; a Late Saxon brooch and strap end; two medieval keys; a medieval/post-medieval lead weight and a post-medieval coin weight, lead weight, buckle and button.
|Grid Reference:||TL 98 97|
|Parish:||ROCKLANDS, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Before 27 June 2005. Metal detecting.
One medieval coin.
Late Saxon disc brooch (S1) and strap end.
See description in file.
E. Darch (NLA), 5 June 2006.
Before April 2011. Metal-detecting.
Medieval and post-medieval finds.
See list in file.
E. Darch (HES), 9 January 2012.
January 2011-February 2012. Metal-detecting. .
Roman bow brooch.
2 medieval coins.
1 medieval/post-medieval coin.
1 post-medieval coin and a lead weight.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 4 December 2012.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOW BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 150 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP END (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- WEIGHT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (12th Century to 13th Century - 1180 AD to 1247 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1217 AD to 1222 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1248 AD to 1250 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1280 AD to 1281 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1282 AD to 1289 AD)
- COIN (16th Century - 1526 AD to 1544 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (16th Century - 1594 AD to 1596 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1614 AD to 1625 AD)
- WEIGHT (17th Century - 1625 AD to 1649 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1636 AD to 1643 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1667 AD to 1667 AD)
- TOKEN (17th Century - 1668 AD to 1668 AD)
- COIN WEIGHT (17th Century - 1690 AD? to 1690 AD?)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2005. Drawing of a Late Saxon disc brooch.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...