|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Old Forge|
An early 19th century former smithy of brick with stone dressings. Two forewings with pedimented gables form a courtyard with the main wing.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 19752 02006|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
December 1983. Listed, Grade II.
Former smithy possibly to Bracon Hall estate, now empty. Circa 1830. Brick with some stone dressings and black pantiled roofs. Symmetrical plan with a pair of low gabled forewings flanking a courtyard now enclosed with makeshift structure. 2 blind windows to forewing gable-ends beneath skewback arches with cambered soffits. Pedimental gables to forewings and main wing with stone kneelers and copings. Oculus in main pediment. Large axial stack to main wing. Similar in style to Bracon Hall, Bracon Ash.
Information from (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 24 May 2006.
- FORGE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1830 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 548. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1050701. |
|MNO1246||Related to: The Old Forge Norwich Road MULBARTON (Revoked)|
Find out more...