|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Orangery north northeast of Middleton Hall|
An early 19th century orangery within Middleton Park. The main façade has five semi-circular arches, separated by pilasters and supporting an entablature. The orangery is now derelict.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 66101 16205|
|Parish:||MIDDLETON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1977. Listed, Grade II.
Orangery, now derelict, early 19th century, wood, roof not visible but some shaped slates stacked in interior. 5 x 2 bays. 5 semi-circular headed arches (glazing lost) having pilasters between supporting plain entablature; returns each of 2 similar arches having sash windows to ground with glazing bars interlaced to head with margin lights. Rear wall of galletted carstone blocks with boiler house.
Interior: floor of stone slabs with some tiles.
Information from (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 24 May 2006.
- BOILER HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
- ORANGERY (18th Century to 21st Century - 1800 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: Photographs of the Orangery north northeast of Middleton Hall, Middleton. Black & white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077648. |
|3420||Part of: Middleton Hall (Building)|
|31971||Part of: Middleton Park (Monument)|
|MNO4612||Related to: Orangery 130 metres NNE of Middleton Hall Lynn Road MIDDLETON (Revoked)|
Find out more...