|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Stone House, Norwich Street|
An early 18th century two storey house, refaced and altered in the late 18th century. The façade is of knapped flint but the rest of the house is of brick. The roof is of black pantiles peppered with red ones.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37570 17507|
|Parish:||LUDHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 1987. Listed, Grade II.
Early 18th century house, refaced and altered in the late 18th century. Knapped flint façade, remainder brick. Black glazed pantiles peppered with red pantiles. Two storeys in three bays. Central panelled door in fluted case below entablature. Panelled reveals. Knapped flints are coursed. Sashes with brick quoins, glazing bars and gauged skewback arches. Upper central window has round arch. Rusticated brick quoins at corners. Hipped bell-based roof with two stacks on rear slope. Outshut to rear.
Information from (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 9 May 2006.
- HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1996. Building on the past. 12 November. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1171948. |
Related records - none
Find out more...