|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Queen's Head public house|
A 17th century timber framed house that has been recased in red brick. The house has gabled dormer windows, mullioned and transomed windows and a tall carriage entrance.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 19745 92876|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Probably a 17th century timber-framed core. Remodelled and cased in red brick. Gable-ended roof with black glazed pantiles. One storey and attic. Three gabled dormers with cut bargeboards and pendants, ground floor windows three-light mullioned and transomed with wooden dripmoulds. Three entrance doorways with wooden dripmoulds, two with fielded panel doors, the other panelled and glazed. Tall carriage entrance at north end, plastered above and a small dormer in roof at higher level. Brick chimney stacks, south stack with diagonally set flues. Later additions at rear.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 13 April 2006.
- PUBLIC HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD? to 2050 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
Related records - none
Find out more...