|Type of record:||Building|
A late 17th or early 18th century carrstone house with round-headed windows and brick dressings. The house stands on the site of the deserted medieval village of Holt, see NHER 3402.
Images - none
|Parish:||LEZIATE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House itself is a late 17th/early 18th century carrstone building with brick trimmings, stuccoed over; round-headed windows, four bays three storeys parapet and slate roofs; dormers. One round-headed window in rear. Derelict and boarded up. Rear wing, possibly of same date, and later extentions, still occupied which is all that prevents the house
from being demolished. Surroundings are too overgrown to see any traces of deserted medieval village.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 17 June 1981.
Addenda, 18th century central doorcase.
E. Rose (NAU).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...