|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age palstave|
A Middle Bronze Age copper alloy palstave was recovered by metal detecting in 2006, and further detecting in 2008 recovered post- medieval objects.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 64 10|
|Parish:||WORMEGAY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Before 6 July 2005. Metal detecting.
Middle Bronze Age palstave (S1).
See description and (S1) in file.
E. Darch (NLA), 1 March 2006.
December 2008- January 2009. Metal detecting
post medieval dress hook and finger ring
See list in file
A. Rogerson (NLA) 4 February 2009
- FINDSPOT (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PALSTAVE (Middle Bronze Age - 1600 BC to 1001 BC)
- DRESS FASTENER (DRESS) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2006. Drawing of a Middle Bronze Age palstave.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...